Friday, March 20, 2009

Tips for Tagging on Etsy


I'm always looking for ways to help tag my items with just the right words, so Etsy buyers can find them easily.

My biggest tagging tip is to ALWAYS tag items with colors. Many Etsy treasuries are done in color schemes. If you don't put colors in, you are missing out on a HUGE audience. I always use the common color and sometimes a more specific color, if I have room. For example, if I have an orange item, I will use one tag for "orange" and one tag for "tangerine." See the "Tagging for Maximum Exposure" article below for ideas on specific color names.


Here are some great articles on tagging:
Tagging for Maximum Exposure on Etsy
Etsy's Guide to Tagging

0 comments on "Tips for Tagging on Etsy"

 

The Inspired Spider Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez