Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Blooms and Stripes Blanket







Here is my latest listing. It was a casual project that I worked on, off and on, for three and a half years. Not sure how much actual time was put into this blanket, but I know it's a lot. I'm so happy with it.

After finishing it, I though it needed something else. I then created a felt flower for it. Two plastic, pink, flower buttons top off the green flower. The green flower is handstitched (and glued) to the pink flower with pink embroidery floss. The pink flower was then glued and handstitched to the blanket with green embroidery floss.

The entire blanket measures 69 inches long by 52 inches wide (before washing). I measured it while the stripes were vertical.

I can only hope that I find a good owner for this blanket. Wow I'm treating it like a pet, haha. But I just hope someone else falls in love with this blanket like I have. I have no use for it though since it doesn't even match my daughter's room. It's very warm and soft and incredibly well made. You will not be disappointed if you decide to purchase this blanket!

Click here to view this item: Blooms and Stripes Blanket

2 comments on "Blooms and Stripes Blanket"

Anonymous said...

Very, cool, funky, retro colors! A fine fun blanket!
:)

Anonymous said...

the blanket is beautiful! i love the color scheme, and that you put your heart into this blanket! too bad my room colors are brown and khaki, haha.

 

The Inspired Spider Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez