Tuesday, July 15, 2008

PoshDots






This week's featured artist is: Posh Dots

What is your name? Becky

What all do you make & what is your specialty? I love to do most anything ralted to arts and crafts...sewing, beading, painting, paper products, ceramics, collage. You name it, I've probably done it! My specialty is custom hand painted children's decor, especially wooden letters.

How did you get into what you do? I was expecting my daughter three years ago and wanted letters for her room. But, her name is 11 letters long and I could not affford any that I saw on-line. My oldest son was peeking over my shoulder one day when I was "shopping". I commented that I loved the letters, but could not afford them. He says, "well, you can buy them at Wal-Mart in the craft department." DUH! Off we went to get them. Since then, I have found a wonderful crafter near by that cuts the letters for me, offering a wide variety of fonts and sizes. The rest is history!

What item in your shop is your favorite, and why? Ironically, my favorite piece is not one of my names. It is a piece that I did in January 2007. The description gives an explanation. I posted it on an on-line support group that I belong to and it spread like wildfire! I've probably sold/made close to 80 pieces like it. It was the first time in my life that I really felt like an artist and motivate me to keep going.

What are your goals in creating your items? Right now, my goal is to keep up with orders, LOL! Complete one name a day. :)

Anything else you would like people to know about you or your items? I am a perfectionist. I have to love to finished product before the custome sees it. Original desings are my specialty. Give me an idea and I'm off and running! Esty has been such a wonderful place to meet wonderful people. I'm always amazed at the connections I have with my customers. It is such a joy to create custom work.

If you like the catepillar art above, you can find it on Becky's other shop at: BSBCreations

0 comments on "PoshDots"

 

The Inspired Spider Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez