Thursday, June 19, 2008

SoapyLove



This week's featured artist is: SoapyLove

What all do you make & what is your specialty?
*I make glycerin soaps of all kinds, but my specialty is definitely Soapsicles!

How did you get into what you do?
*I started soap crafting over 3 years ago when I was pregnant with my son. I got totally obsessed and had way too many soaps! So I started selling online, which was really all I could do since I worked full time. I had the good fortune of being the first glycerin soap crafter chosen as an Etsy featured artist and was a guest on DIY's Craft Lab. Right now I am also writing a soap crafting book which will be published next year.

What item in your shop is your favorite, and why? (Please provide a link)
*My favorite Soapsicle is the Peace, Love, and Soapiness because the colors are so pretty! I think that popsicles and rainbows go hand in hand.

What are your goals in creating your items?
*I want my designs to be creative, innovative, unique, and most of all - bring a smile to your face!

Anything else you would like people to know about you or your items?
*Yes! Soapylove Soapsicles are great for children. Many people are concerned that kids will try to eat the soaps, but I assure them that one lick will prevent them from trying again! Plus the stick is a great non-slip handle for little ones who get frustrated by slippery bars. I will be announcing some new styles and a new soap dish very soon, so sign up for my newsletter to be the first to know.


You can sign up for the newsletter on her website.

8 comments on "SoapyLove"

Blossoms on June 19, 2008 at 1:56 PM said...

The soaps look yummy!!! I am checking her shop right now!! Please take a look atmy blog http://blossomsandblooms.blogspot.com

BubbleGirl on June 19, 2008 at 3:36 PM said...

Those soaps look so yummy!! Great idea for a kid's birthday gift or party favors, I might have to get me some!

artbylmr on June 19, 2008 at 3:38 PM said...

Very unique soaps and great interview.

http://artbylmr.etsy.com
http://artbylmr.blogspot.com

Kristin on June 19, 2008 at 3:39 PM said...

Those are the neatest things I've ever seen! I'm impressed! Checking out her shop right now!

Meital on June 19, 2008 at 3:41 PM said...

Lovely soaps, so original, It's not like anything I've seen beofore. very beautiful, and a great interview too.

toolisjewelry.etsy.com

Gifts, Etc. on June 26, 2008 at 2:02 PM said...

Oooo...those look delicious! Great feature!

http://GiftsEtc.etsy.com
http://Gifts-Etc.blogspot.com

Lori Anderson Designs on July 1, 2008 at 5:27 AM said...

I LOOOOOVE Soapy Love! And so did all the teachers who got her chocolate sammies for Valentines gifts!!!!

Lisa @ Serah's on November 2, 2008 at 1:35 AM said...

Great interview!

 

The Inspired Spider Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez