Thursday, June 19, 2008

SoapyLove



This week's featured artist is: SoapyLove

What all do you make & what is your specialty?
*I make glycerin soaps of all kinds, but my specialty is definitely Soapsicles!

How did you get into what you do?
*I started soap crafting over 3 years ago when I was pregnant with my son. I got totally obsessed and had way too many soaps! So I started selling online, which was really all I could do since I worked full time. I had the good fortune of being the first glycerin soap crafter chosen as an Etsy featured artist and was a guest on DIY's Craft Lab. Right now I am also writing a soap crafting book which will be published next year.

What item in your shop is your favorite, and why? (Please provide a link)
*My favorite Soapsicle is the Peace, Love, and Soapiness because the colors are so pretty! I think that popsicles and rainbows go hand in hand.

What are your goals in creating your items?
*I want my designs to be creative, innovative, unique, and most of all - bring a smile to your face!

Anything else you would like people to know about you or your items?
*Yes! Soapylove Soapsicles are great for children. Many people are concerned that kids will try to eat the soaps, but I assure them that one lick will prevent them from trying again! Plus the stick is a great non-slip handle for little ones who get frustrated by slippery bars. I will be announcing some new styles and a new soap dish very soon, so sign up for my newsletter to be the first to know.


You can sign up for the newsletter on her website.

8 comments on "SoapyLove"

Anonymous said...

The soaps look yummy!!! I am checking her shop right now!! Please take a look atmy blog http://blossomsandblooms.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Those soaps look so yummy!! Great idea for a kid's birthday gift or party favors, I might have to get me some!

Anonymous said...

Very unique soaps and great interview.

http://artbylmr.etsy.com
http://artbylmr.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Those are the neatest things I've ever seen! I'm impressed! Checking out her shop right now!

Anonymous said...

Lovely soaps, so original, It's not like anything I've seen beofore. very beautiful, and a great interview too.

toolisjewelry.etsy.com

Anonymous said...

Oooo...those look delicious! Great feature!

http://GiftsEtc.etsy.com
http://Gifts-Etc.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I LOOOOOVE Soapy Love! And so did all the teachers who got her chocolate sammies for Valentines gifts!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great interview!

 

The Inspired Spider Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez